Monument record MDR3925 - Eyam Moor: Cairnfield 870m North East of Stanage House
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRNFIELD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
A group of cairns centred at SK 21667885, some have kerbing evident and their size, situation and method of construction, suggest that the entire group are burial cairns. (1) 21-32 small cairns, 2.5-5.5m in diameter. 1 small stretch of linear clearance and cairns on two different shelves. (2) Scheduled (8) Photographic record. (9)
- <1> SDR6243 Bibliographic reference:
- <2> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
- <3> SDR16424 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1986. 'Bronze Age remains on the East Moors of the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 106, pp 18-100. pp70.
- <4> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p36.
- <5> SDR16771 Index: NDAT. 0912. 0912.
- <6> SDR16772 Index: OS. SK 27 NW 37. SK 27 NW 37.
- <7> SDR16773 Index: Hart, C. (NDAC). 1977. Peak Park Treasures B286. B286.
- <8> SDR18368 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 1999. Scheduling Notification. 31240. Cat. No.: 436.
- <9> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 5469.1-5.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2169 7887 (228m by 291m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||EYAM, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 16 2013 9:41AM