Monument record MDR3931 - Eyam, Stocks (restored)
Type and Period (1)
- STOCKS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
[SK 21627646] Stocks. (1) The two stone uprights of the village stocks stand opposite Eyam Hall. (2) Published survey (25") correct. See G.P. AO/65/97/1. (3) The dimensions of the stone settings are: height-1.17m, Width-0.45m. The actual stocks were renewed in the year of the Festival of Britain. The stocks are not in their original position which is unknown. The key to the stocks is in the care of the parish council.(5)
- <1> SDR11733 Map: OS. 1898. County Series 1:2500 Derbyshire.
- <2> SDR15271 Bibliographic reference: Fletcher, J. M. J.. 1909. The Plague-Stricken Derbyshire Village of Eyam.
- <3> SDR6108 Personal Observation: F1 BHS 18-NOV-65.
- <4> SDR16750 Index: NDAT. 0882. 0882.
- <5> SDR16751 Index: Fifield, P. W.. Peak Park Treasures E23. E23.
- <6> SDR16752 Photograph: PPJPB. Eyam Stocks.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2162 7646 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||EYAM, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 5 2000 12:00AM