Monument record MDR3945 - Bull Tethering Ring, Eyam
Type and Period (1)
- TETHERING POST (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
At SK 2202 7642 is a bull ring set in a large boulder. It was recently raised to just below the road surface and is covered by a metal trap. (1) Protected by the Derbyshire Archaeological Society and now underneath a small hinged flap in the square outside the Halifax Building Society. During the revamp of Eyam Square the bullring was moved from its original and 'ancient' spot to be exposed amongst modern paving in front of the Halifax Building Society and Shop. (2) Photographic record. (6-7)
- <1> SDR16756 Index: NDAT. 0886. 0886.
- <2> SDR16757 Index: Fifield, P (PPJPB). Peak Park Treasures E29. E29.
- <3> SDR16758 Article in serial: Brighouse, W H. 1967. 'Bull rings', Derbyshire Life and Countryside. Vol. 32 (11), pp 55-59.
- <4> SDR16759 Photograph: PPJPB. Eyam Bullring.
- <5> SDR6103 Personal Observation: F1 BHS 16-NOV-65.
- <6> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 5418.1-2.
- <7> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 480.16a-17a.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2202 7642 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||EYAM, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 5 2000 12:00AM