Find Spot record MDR3957 - Eyam, Bretton Racecourse, Neolithic Lithics
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- None recorded
A quantity of material recovered from a field adjacent to Bretton Racecourse by C. Daniel prior to 1969. The material, some 20 flints included leaf-shaped and petit tranchet derivative arrowheads, a saw and waste flint flakes. Also found was a polished Craig Llwyd group VII stone axe. (2)
- <1> SDR5646 Article in serial: Preston, F (East Midlands Committee of Field Archaeologists). 1977. East Midlands Archaeology Bulletin, 1977. Volume 11 No. 4.
- <2> SDR16922 Index: NDAT. 0894. 0894.
- <3> SDR16923 Article in serial: PPS. Descriptive Text. 40, p 72.
- <4> SDR16924 Index: OS. SK 27 NW 113. SK 27 NW 113.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 203 778 (100m by 100m) (Multiple Site Centre)|
|Civil Parish||EYAM, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 19 2009 2:12PM