Monument record MDR4000 - Barrow, Curbar Edge, Baslow and Bubnell
Type and Period (1)
- ROUND BARROW (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
[SK 2548 7560] Curbar Edge barrow, 18m in diameter and 1m high, hollowed out as a result of excavation 24. 4.1913 by the gamekeeper Mr. E. Peat and the Marquis of Granby who found a bronze knife-dagger, burnt bones, a food vessel, flint thumb scraper and a central cist of large slabs (2). Finds at Belvoir Castle. Scheduled. (3) (1-3) A large cairn at SK 25497559 as described above but very much mutilated. Surveyed at 1/2500. (4) Site monitoring has been carried out and site appears not to be under threat. (6)
- <1> SDR4158 Bibliographic reference:
- <2> SDR15482 Index:
- <3> SDR697 Scheduling record:
- <4> SDR18065 Index: NDAT. NDAT 0283. 0283.
- <4> SDR6373 Bibliographic reference: F1 JB 17-NOV-65.
- <5> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire.
- <6> SDR22221 Unpublished document: Musano, G (PDNPA). 2011. Scheduled Monument Monitoring Form: Round Cairn and Barrow on Curbar Edge.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2549 7559 (10m by 13m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||BASLOW AND BUBNELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 13 2015 10:26AM