Monument record MDR4022 - Owler Bar, Robbed Cairn
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRN (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
SK 29107798. An earth circle or ring work was located in 1965 to the W. of the Peacock Inn at Owler Bar. (1) This site was described as a ring cairn (Marsden 1977) (4), but is clearly a robbed cairn with a diameter of 17m by 16.5m. The centre has been badly disturbed but not fully removed. (3)
- <1> SDR5741 Article in serial: Cooper, L (East Midlands Committee of Field Archaeologists). 1966. East Midlands Archaeological Bulletin, 1966. Volume 9:2.
- <2> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
- <3> SDR16524 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 1978. The Stone Circles of the Peak. p92.
- <4> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire.
- <5> SDR17029 Index: NDAT. 1257. 1257.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2910 7798 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HOLMESFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 19 2000 12:00AM