Monument record MDR4025 - Possible cairn or similar feature, White Edge, Baslow and Bubnell
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRN (Unknown date)
- None recorded
SK 265775 or just south of inscribed stone at old crossroads (SMR 15822), White Edge. Ringwork? boulders in bank on south aspect, but appears only as grassy earth and rubble bank on west" (1) Nothing visible on OS APs (2) Diameter 18m. Partially destroyed earth circle with 4m wide bank identified in HAS index by T. Walsh. Noted by Barnatt as natural with some surface quarrying (3)
- <1> SDR8242 Unpublished document: Walsh. Letter (TC Walsh 10.5.76).
- <2> SDR1470 Aerial Photograph: APs (OS 68/288 024-5).
- <3> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
- <4> SDR18039 Index: Walsh, T.. 1976. SMR:HAS Index:Walsh, T.:12.1976. 12.1976.
- <5> SDR18043 Index: NDAT. NDAT 0279. 0279.
- <6> SDR16424 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1986. 'Bronze Age remains on the East Moors of the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 106, pp 18-100.
- <7> SDR18044 Index: Hart, C. (NDAC). 1977. Peak Park Treasures: B274. B274.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2647 7751 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||BASLOW AND BUBNELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 13 2015 10:39AM