Scheduled Monument record MDR403 - Cowdale Lime Works, King Sterndale
Type and Period (7)
- ENGINE HOUSE (Victorian to Mid 20th Century - 1900 AD? to 1954 AD?)
- POWDER MAGAZINE (Victorian to Mid 20th Century - 1900 AD? to 1954 AD?)
- LIMESTONE QUARRY (Victorian to Mid 20th Century - 1900 AD? to 1954 AD?)
- RAILWAY SIDING (Victorian to Edwardian - 1870 AD to 1909 AD)
- POWER HOUSE (Edwardian - 1909 AD to 1909 AD)
- LIME WORKS (Victorian to Edwardian - 1890 AD to 1909 AD)
- GATEHOUSE (Edwardian - 1909 AD to 1909 AD)
- <1> SDR4751 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1984. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part I. Borough of High Peak. p 25.
- <2> SDR4923 Bibliographic reference: Trueman, M. 1997. Monuments Protection Programme, Step 3 Report: Lime, Cement and Plaster Industries- Site Assessment. Site 3.
- <3> SDR21513 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 2011. Scheduling Notification: Cowdale Quarry Limestone Extraction and Processing Site 540m north-east of Staden Manor. List entry no. 1399726.
- <4> SDR24296 Unpublished document: Smalley, H and A Mora-Ottomano (ARS Ltd). 2010. An Archaeological Desk-Based Assessment and Buildings Appraisal of Cowdale Quarry, Buxton, Derbyshire.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 080 723 (763m by 477m) (Multiple Site Centre)|
|Civil Parish||BUXTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 3 2020 12:18PM