Monument record MDR4035 - Owler Bar Tollhouse
Type and Period (1)
- TOLL HOUSE (Georgian to Victorian - 1818 AD to 1880 AD)
SK 294780 Two-storey 19th century masonry tollhouse with single storey mullioned projected bays to south and west. South bay has a doorway. Stone tiled roof with centre stack. Built by the Greenhill Moor and Hathersage Trust. (1, 2) Toll cottage nr Peacock public house. Constructed 1818 when Totley-Baslow turnpike rd made (present A621) closed 1880. Part of Greenhill Moor-Hathersage Trust. Toll House, Owler Bar. Two storey gritstone toll house with slate roof; ornate porches with two windows to west and south. (6)
- <1> SDR3846 Bibliographic reference: CBA Panel on Indust Mons 1975 2.
- <2> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. tollhouse, Owler Bar.
- <3> SDR18015 Photograph: PPJPB. Photo:PPJPB:SMR:507:81-2.
- <4> SDR16816 Index: PPJPB. PPJPB Registry & Archaeology Service Parish File. p.3608.
- <5> SDR18014 Index: NDAT. NDAT 1304. 1304.
- <6> SDR19367 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 2000. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. Part V. North East Derbyshire. P.34.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 293 780 (11m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HOLMESFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 16 2007 3:10PM