Monument record MDR4166 - Three cairns, Gibbet Moor, Baslow and Bubnell
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRN (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
SK 280707. Three low overgrown earth circles, 40-50ft. across, aligned N.W.-S.E. and 15-20yds. apart, situated on Gibbet Moor. (1) 3 probably robbed cairns. 1 is 13m diameter, the others 12.5m. Previously noted as ring cairns which seems unlikely. Lined NW-SE. (2) possible ringcairn (3-7)
- <1> SDR13395 Article in serial: Radley, J. 1966. 'A Bronze Age ringwork on Totley Moor and other Bronze Age ringworks in the Pennines', Archaeological Journal. Volume 123, pp 1-26. p16, 25 p75.
- <2> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
- <3> SDR18212 Index: NDAT. NDAT 0272. 0272.
- <4> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p104, 132-4.
- <5> SDR18213 Index: Butcher, L. H.. Sheffield City Museum Index. D12.
- <6> SDR16424 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1986. 'Bronze Age remains on the East Moors of the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 106, pp 18-100.
- <7> SDR18214 Index: Davies, J (PPJPB). 1983. Peak Park Treasures:B530. B530.
- <8> SDR16524 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 1978. The Stone Circles of the Peak.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 280 707 (150m by 100m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BASLOW AND BUBNELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 1 2016 10:19AM