Monument record MDR4190 - ?Field walls and settlement, Ladybower Tor, Derwent
Type and Period (2)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- SETTLEMENT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
SK 205 869. Remnants of fields with slab-on-edge banks, against outcrop. (1) At SK 205 869 there is a series of terraced field walls, rubble and slab-on-edge construction which is interpreted as Romano-British settlement. (2) No evidence for these walls was observed in an archaeological survey of 1996. The survey plan provided by Makepeace (Authority 1) is not detailed and it is difficult to accurately identify the exact locations of the features recorded. There are a series of short terraces near the location of the grid reference, but they appear to be geological features. (3)
- <1> SDR5713 Bibliographic reference: May, J (ed.). 1963. East Midland Archaeological Bulletin, No. 6. p. 2 (G A Makepeace).
- <2> SDR15205 Article in serial: Makepeace, G (Hunter Archaeological Society). 1987. 'An archaeological survey of Bamford and Hathersage Outseats, Derbyshire', Trans. Hunter Arch. Soc.. Volume 14, pp 43-55. p. 48.
- <3> SDR19475 Unpublished document: Bevan, B (PDNPA). 1996. Moscar House, Derwent and Outseats, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 1996. pp. 23-24.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 205 869 (100m by 100m) (Multiple Site Centre)|
|Civil Parish||DERWENT, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 16 2017 11:25AM