Find Spot record MDR4192 - Beehive quern, Ladybower Tor, Derwent
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
SK 205 867. Base of beehive quern, found below Ladybower Tor, may be associated with nearby enclosures. (1) Further references to a beehive quern lower stone, found in wall at SK 2060 8675 by G Makepeace and L H Butcher. Deposited in Sheffield City Museum on 7-79. Possibly the same. (6)
- <1> SDR15205 Article in serial: Makepeace, G (Hunter Archaeological Society). 1987. 'An archaeological survey of Bamford and Hathersage Outseats, Derbyshire', Trans. Hunter Arch. Soc.. Volume 14, pp 43-55. p48.
- <2> SDR9509 Index: NDAT. 0192. 0192.
- <3> SDR5898 Bibliographic reference: 2.
- <4> SDR15202 Article in serial: Beswick, P and Merrills, D. 1983. 'L H Butcher's survey of early settlements and fields in the Southern Pennines', Transactions of the Hunter Archaeology Society. Volume 12, pp 16-50.
- <5> SDR13661 Bibliographic reference:
- <6> SDR10426 Index: NDAT. 3840. 3840.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 205 867 (100m by 100m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||DERWENT, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 16 2017 11:25AM