Monument record MDR4365 - Cropmark west of Parsonage House, Barrow upon Trent
Type and Period (3)
- RING DITCH (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- ROUND BARROW (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- PIT ALIGNMENT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- None recorded
Ring ditch showing on aerial photograph. (1, 2) Ring ditch in south-west corner of field. Cropmarks plotted on map overlay, 1:10,000. See also SMR 16708. (3) The cropmarks were identified as a later prehistoric round barrow and pit alignment during an aerial photographic mapping survey that was carried out in 2009/10. (4)
- <1> SDR15017 Index: TPAT. 2065. 2065.
- <2> SDR1257 Aerial Photograph: AP: NMR: Pickering, J.:3328/7,8: 3428/2/15.
- <3> SDR1127 Archive: Whiteley, S. 1989. Aerial Photographic Transcripton Project.
- <4> SDR21002 Digital data: Archaeological Research Services (ARS) Ltd. 2009/2010. Aerial Photographic Mapping Survey carried out as part of an Aggregates Resource Project.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 34254 28785 (63m by 51m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||TWYFORD AND STENSON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 30 2016 4:28PM