Monument record MDR445 - Birch Vale Terrace and former Methodist Chapel, Sycamore Road, Thornsett
Type and Period (2)
- TERRACE (Victorian - 1870 AD to 1870 AD)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1867 AD to 1867 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel attached on the western side of a terrace of houses on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Primitive Methodists have a chapel at Thornsett, which was built in 1867 at a cost of £2,900. (2) An impressive stone terrace with a date stone engraved 1870. The centre houses are pedimented. (3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 197.
- <3> SDR4751 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1984. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part I. Borough of High Peak. p 29.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 013 870 (89m by 9m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||NEW MILLS, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 30 2010 12:06PM