Find Spot record MDR4464 - Medieval potsherds, 12 Robincroft Rd, Allestree, Derby
Type and Period (3)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1100 AD to 1400 AD)
- WASTER TIP (Medieval - 1100 AD to 1400 AD)
- KILN ? (Medieval - 1100 AD to 1400 AD)
- None recorded
Medieval pottery kiln, opposite the remaining side of the marlpit beyond the cricket ground at Allestree. (1) At Allestree an accumulation of 12th to 14th century potsherds were recovered from the garden of 12, Robincroft Road (SK 348398) during routine digging by A.P. Westnidge of Alvaston, Derby. (2) No actual kiln structure was found. A surface scatter of early medieval sherds is still evident in the garden at SK 34683966. (3)
- <1> SDR4561 Article in serial: Westnidge, A T. 1959. 'Norman pottery site at Allestree', Derbyshire Life and Countryside. Volume 24, No.3, p29.
- <2> SDR5827 Bibliographic reference: Ramm, H. 1958. East Midland Archaeological Bulletin, Vol. 1. p 1.
- <3> SDR6327 Personal Observation: F1 FRH 24-OCT-66.
- <4> SDR15585 Index: TPAT 2353.
|Grid reference||SK 346 396 (point) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 15 2018 2:01PM