Building record MDR4543 - Spondon Railway Station, Spondon, Derby
Type and Period (2)
- RAILWAY STATION (Victorian - 1839 AD to 1839 AD)
- STATION MASTERS HOUSE (Victorian - 1839 AD? to 1839 AD)
- None recorded
'Station' is marked on the 1970 6" OS map. (1) Spondon Station was built in 1839 and has been much altered, but retains its original lozenge paned iron framed windows. (2) Although still an operational station, the former Midland Railway station house is derelict and boarded up. (3)
- <1> SDR12087 Map: 1970. OS 6" 1970.
- <2> SDR3853 Bibliographic reference: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). 1975. Panel on Industustrial Monuments. 7.
- <3> SDR19527 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p 62.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3971 3514 (37m by 18m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 15 2012 9:42AM