Listed Building record MDR4615 - St Peter's Church, Chellaston
Type and Period (1)
- ANGLICAN CHURCH (Medieval to 21st Century - 1370 AD? to 2050 AD)
SK 3811 3037. St. Peter's Church. (1) 14th and 15th century with tower built 1842. (2) Rebuilt 1842, but with late 13th century window tracery and Perpendicular chancel. Plain Norman front. (4) Small church consisting of a west tower, rebuilt in 1842, a nave and south aisle, and a lower chancel. Three-bay arcade with the usual octagonal piers and double-chamfered arches. The window tracery mostly elementary late 13th century. The chancel is Perpendicular. Font Norman. (5)
- <1> SDR11723 Map: OS. 1937. O.S. 1/2500 1937.
- <2> SDR11676 Bibliographic reference: Cox, J C. 1877. Notes on the Churches of Derbyshire, Vol. III. p410.
- <3> SDR6375 Personal Observation: F1 JB 17-OCT-66.
- <4> SDR15650 Index: TPAT. 2523. 2523.
- <5> SDR12891 Bibliographic reference: Pevsner, N. 1979. The Buildings of England: Derbyshire. 2nd ed., revised. p. 192.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 38110 30378 (24m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 23 2021 12:41PM