Monument record MDR4617 - St James's Church and graveyard (site of), Osmaston, Derby
Type and Period (2)
(Medieval to Mid 20th Century - 1300 AD? to 1957 AD?)
(Medieval to Post Medieval - 1300 AD to 1900 AD)
Loading documents & images
SK 3687 3383. St James's Church. (1)
A 14th century church restored in 1878. (2)
The church was demolished c. 1957. (3)
Cox, in 1878, states that St. James' (Pevsner's St. Osmunds) was being restored. Cemetery mentioned in Dugdall's Monasticon and in Darley Cartulary. Chapelry under St. Peter's, Derby, was founded by the Dun Family, according to Cox. Demolished 1951 for the new St. Osmunds on London Road, Derby. (4)
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3685 3381 (59m by 69m) (Centre)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 31 2018 3:17PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.