Find Spot record MDR4649 - Roman pottery, Hazelwood Hill, Hazelwood
Type and Period (1)
- ARTEFACT SCATTER (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
[SK 32874563] An assemblage of Roman pottery was found by Mr. Kay in 1959 after ploughing in the field 'Far Headland Close' which is located west of the Post Office. (1, 2) The farmer remembers the late Mr. Kay's visit and said that the pottery was fragmentary. Nothing has been found since and the area is now under grass. (3) A surface scatter of Roman pottery is listed in the survey as being found at Hazelwood in this approximate location. (4)
- --- SDR22737 Unpublished document: Leary, R (TPAT). 2000. Lumb Brook Romano-British Pottery Kilns, Report for Derbyshire Archaeological Advisory Committee.
- <1> SDR4132 Bibliographic reference: Corr. 6" (S.O. Kay undtd.).
- <2> SDR5729 Article in serial: 1959. East Midland Archaeological Bulletin, No. 2. p 2.
- <3> SDR6071 Personal Observation: F1 BHS 08-SEP-66.
- <4> SDR15731 Bibliographic reference: Trent Valley Arch Res Com Gaz c.1980-9.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3286 4562 (129m by 161m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HAZELWOOD, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 26 2015 10:51AM