Building record MDR4720 - The South Lodge, Kedleston Park, Kedleston

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

Full Description

(SK 30544118) The South Lodge (NAT) (1) The South Lodges, Kedleston Park, Kedleston are a pair of pavilions linked by iron railings, a pair of gates and plain square gate piers with moulded caps, probably built c. 1775 by George Richardson, although they were moved and extended on each side in 1813-14. (2) The South Lodges are situated north-west of Kedleston Hall. (3) A Grade II listed pair of park lodges were built circa 1775, probably by George Richardson. They were moved and extended on each side in 1813-14. Also known as the Village Lodge. (4)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1975. 1:10000.
  • <2> Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number 1311408.
  • <3> Bibliographic reference: Pevsner, N. 1979. The Buildings of England: Derbyshire. 2nd ed., revised. p 258.
  • <4> Bibliographic reference: Marshall, G (The National Trust). 1989. National Trust Archaeological Survey : Kedleston Hall, Derbyshire. p 145.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3054 4118 (18m by 21m) (Centre)
Civil Parish KEDLESTON, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (1)

  • EDR3630

Please contact the HER for details.

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jan 28 2015 12:23PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.