Find Spot record MDR4764 - Neolithic Polished Stone Axe, Eaton Bank, Little Eaton
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
A polished stone axe from Eaton Bank, Duffield, is now in Derby Museum, accession number 417-33. Found by the late A. Westridge. (1) No further information. (2) A dolerite axe of probable Neolithic date has been recorded from Eaton Bank, near Duffield. Listed in surveys. (3, 4)
- <1> SDR13281 Bibliographic reference: Information from the Keeper of Antiquities, Derby Museum. Accession Number 417-33.
- <2> SDR6182 Bibliographic reference: F1 FC 21-NOV-66.
- <3> SDR13190 Article in serial: Moore, C N and Cummins, W A. 1974. 'Petrological Identification of Stone Implements from Derbyshire and Leicestershire', Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society. Volume 40, pp 59-78. pp 59-78.
- <4> SDR15731 Bibliographic reference: Trent Valley Arch Res Com Gaz c.1980-9.
|Grid reference||SK 352 427 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LITTLE EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 6 2017 3:52PM