Monument record MDR4816 - Fishponds, Church Lane, Morley
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Marlpits on the south side of Church Lane. (1) These ponds have also been interpreted as medieval fish ponds. (2) However, they do not appear to be shown on a map of Morley & Smalley dated 1784. (3) They are mapped by Sanderson, and were therefore present by 1835. (4)
- <1> SDR6754 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash.
- <2> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(h).1, with photo (1984).
- <3> SDR20090 Map: 1784. A Map of the Lordship of Morley and Smalley [Parliamentary Enclosure Map].
- <4> SDR18634 Map: Sanderson, G. 1835. Twenty Miles round Mansfield.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 398 407 (115m by 95m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||MORLEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 15 2012 10:57AM