Monument record MDR4836 - Possible early lead smelting site, Slag Hills, Ashover
Type and Period (1)
- SMELTERY ? (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
- <1> SDR6682 Bibliographic reference: Farey, J. 1811. A General View of the Agriculture and Minerals of Derbyshire, Vol. 1. p383.
- <2> SDR6322 Personal Observation: F1 FRH 22-JUL-66.
- <3> SDR19745 Unpublished document: Edwards, D. 2006. Notes on various SMR entries compiled during research for the new Victoria County History.
- <4> SDR23452 Article in serial: Kirkham, N. 1970. 'Lead smelting boles in Derbyshire', Derbyshire Miscellany.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 346 594 (650m by 450m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||ASHOVER, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 27 2015 1:30PM