A row of cottages east of the cornmill at Matlock Green was a malt kiln circa 1855-1875. (1)
A paint mill is recorded on this site in 1848. A conveyance describes it as a row of two buildings, formerly a turning mill, afterwards twisting mills, then converted to a paint mill. The twisting mills were probably in use in conjunction with the flax mill which stood on the site of the corn mill. (2)
Index: NDAT. NDAT (no specific reference).
Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Paint Mill, Matlock Green, 1972.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 304 597 (35m by 19m) (Centre)
MATLOCK TOWN, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 17 2017 3:49PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.