Monument record MDR5103 - Greenend Quarry, Bradley Tor, Ashover
Type and Period (1)
- SANDSTONE QUARRY (Victorian to Edwardian - 1880 AD? to 1910 AD?)
- None recorded
- <1> SDR15814 Article in serial: Tucker, D. 1985. 'Millstone making in the Peak District of Derbyshire: The quarries & the technology', Industrial Archaeology Review. Vol 8, pp 42-58.
- <2> SDR19367 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 2000. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. Part V. North East Derbyshire. P.25.
- <3> SDR19683 Personal Observation: Brown, J. Observation based on personal experience, map evidence, site visit etc..
- <4> SDR21454 Bibliographic reference: Hughes, T (PDNPA). 1996. The Grey Slates of the South Pennines, Volume Two: The Quarries and the Slates. p 79, Quarry number Q56.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 339 622 (172m by 104m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||ASHOVER, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 6 2013 9:24AM