Monument record MDR5113 - Brick works (site of), Chesterfield Road, Matlock Town
Type and Period (2)
- BRICKWORKS (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- BRICK KILN (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
SK 314614 .Chesterfield Road, Brick Works. An overgrown depression marks the site of late 19th century brickworks. (1, 2). The site is marked as 'Brickfield' on the 1880 1st edition 25in map, with a kiln also named. The 2nd edition, of 1900, shows the brickworks as disused. (3, 4)
- <1> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Brickfield Matlock.
- <2> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(i).3, with photos.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XXIX.15, 1880.
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XXIX.15, 1900.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 315 615 (100m by 100m) Centre|
|Civil Parish||MATLOCK TOWN, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 29 2022 10:24AM