Monument record MDR5114 - Brick works (site of), Chesterfield Road, Matlock Town
Type and Period (3)
- BRICKWORKS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- CLAY MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BRICK KILN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
SK 305605 Chesterfield Road, Brick Works (site of). Shown on the OS 1st edition 25" map of 1880 as a brickfield, with a claymill, a kiln and 4 tanks or ponds. The site is now occupied by Matlock School, built 1896. (1-2)
- <1> SDR10824 Index: NDAT. NDAT (no specific reference).
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XXIX.15.
- <3> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Brickfield, Matlock.
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XXIX.15.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 305 604 (90m by 85m) Centre|
|Civil Parish||MATLOCK TOWN, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 10 2022 1:25PM