Building record MDR5139 - Lime Kilns, off Hockley Lane, Ashover
Type and Period (1)
- LIME KILN (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD? to 2050 AD)
- None recorded
Lime kilns, off Hockley Lane, Ashover, a post medieval building. 'Fall Hill, Group of Limekilns. The remains of a group of limekilns at Fall Gate, Ashover. They are arranged with another group just off Hockley Lane. They are of limestone construction, partially blocked with earth and masonry.' (1) 'Limekilns, Fallgate. At Fallgate stand the remains of several limekilns, in two groups, just off Hockley Lane. They are not accessible and are in poor condition.' (2-3) A member of the public supplied a photo taken in May 2023 (please see linked image). (4)
- <1> SDR10857 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index: 0108. 0108.
- <2> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(h).2, with photo.
- <3> SDR19367 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 2000. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. Part V. North East Derbyshire. 26.
- <4> SDR24801 Correspondence: Daryl Garton. Ashover Limekilns PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE. PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3527 6254 (38m by 33m) Centre|
|Civil Parish||ASHOVER, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 25 2023 2:26PM