Find Spot record MDR5175 - Hagen Knowle, Beehive quern
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- None recorded
[SK 3147 7803] Bee-hive quern, top stone, Hagen Knowle. In possession of Mr. Bramhall, Holmesfield. (1) The quern was found in plough by a farmworker c1955. It was purchased by Mr. Bramhall. Mrs. Bunker, B.Sc., a local historian, indicated the approximate find spot at SK 31067814. (2) SK 3147 7803. Possible Iron Age bee-hive quern, recovered from the eastern flanks of the upland on East Moor. (3) Additional source. (4)
- <1> SDR4090 Bibliographic reference: Corr 6" (Sheffield City Museum,undated).
- <1a> SDR7451 Bibliographic reference: Inf. Mrs. Bunker 25.6.56.
- <2> SDR6320 Personal Observation: F1 FRH 21-OCT-65.
- <3> SDR1560 Bibliographic reference: Hicks, S. P. Impact of Man on East Moor of Derbyshire.
- <4> SDR11003 Index: NDAT. 1308. 1308.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3127 7809 (420m by 120m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||HOLMESFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 28 2011 2:24PM