Monument record MDR5181 - Possible barrow site, west of Dronfield Woodhouse, Dronfield
Type and Period (1)
- ROUND BARROW (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
SK 326 788. A 'ploughed down' barrow, 60 feet in diameter, west of Dronfield Woodhouse, was excavated in 1921. No finds were recorded. A possible barrow on Hall's Farm, Dronfield, was dug into by Mr Pearson in 1921 with no finds being made. (3) A possible barrow on Halls farm was excavated in 1921 by A Pearson. No finds were made, although there is a suggestion the excavation wasn't sufficiently deep. (3)
- <1> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p30.
- <2> SDR10777 Bibliographic reference: Hart, C (NDAT). 1981. The North Derbyshire Archaeological Survey to AD 1500. p56.
- <3> SDR10950 Index: NDAT. 0775. 0775.
- <4> SDR2466 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J. 1989. The Peak District Barrow Survey (updated 1994). Site 29:45.
|Grid reference||SK 325 788 (point) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||DRONFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 7 2015 4:13PM