Stables to the hall [see SMR 1209] are at SK 3167 7545, with mullioned windows and carved drip moulds, probably 17th century. (1)
The former stables at Barlow Woodseats Hall are grade II* listed, together with the former threshing barn [SMR 1211]. These outbuildings date to the 17th century onwards, with structural evidence of earlier origins. It is a multi-period and multi-purpose vernacular building complex, with evidence of structural timber framing in the earliest section prior to alteration and enlargement in stone masonry from the 17th century onwards. The main range incorporates a barn and standings for cattle, part of which was later adapted to form a cart lodge [SMR 1211]. The smaller attached range at the north-west end of the site was originally built as a stable with overlofts and was later adapted for housing cattle. (2)
Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index: 0227. 0227.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE no: 1186957.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3167 7545 (20m by 16m) (Centre)
BARLOW, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 1 2021 3:47PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.