Monument record MDR543 - Corn Mill, Milton, Chapel-en-le-Frith
Type and Period (1)
(Former Type) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD?)
Loading documents & images
SK 057 817: Milton, Corn Mill: Corn-mill on the bank of Huckholme Brook. It was pond fed, although the pond has now gone. The mill has a stone roof. It was used for grinding corn until the mid 19th century. The wheelhouse survives as a lean-to at the rear of the building [in 1970]. (1,2).
It is unclear whether this building is still in existence. The reference above appears to say it is. However, the record's polygon has been plotted using the OS maps and overlies a later 'works' building. (3).
Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Corn Mill, 1970.
Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 058 817 (100m by 100m) (Centre)
CHAPEL EN LE FRITH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 3 2010 12:22PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.