Monument record MDR5436 - Cropmarks north-east of Weston-on-Trent
Type and Period (10)
- SQUARE BARROW (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- RECTANGULAR ENCLOSURE (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2350 BC to 42 AD)
- PIT ALIGNMENT (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2350 BC to 42 AD)
- RING DITCH (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2350 BC to 42 AD)
- ROUND BARROW (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- RECTILINEAR ENCLOSURE (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- CURVILINEAR ENCLOSURE (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- CIRCULAR ENCLOSURE (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- POND (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- None recorded
- <1> SDR764 Aerial Photograph: A.P's (J.K. St. Joseph, ABB 5D, AFY 38 & 40).
- <2> SDR15742 Index: TPAT. 2203. 2203.
- <3> SDR6094 Personal Observation: F1 BHS 15-JUL-66.
- <4> SDR16577 Article in serial: 1964. East Midland Archaeological Bulletin, No. 7. pp. 3-4.
- <5> SDR2441 Monograph: Challis, A & Harding, W. 1975. 'Later Prehistory from the Trent to the Tyne', British Archaeological Report 20. Part 2. p. 54.
- <6> SDR7604 Article in serial: Reaney, D. 1968. 'Beaker burials in South Derbyshire', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 88, pp 68-81.
- <7> SDR2455 Bibliographic reference: Whimster, R. 1981. Burial Practices in Iron Age Britain. British Archaeological Report 90.
- <8> SDR21002 Digital data: Archaeological Research Services (ARS) Ltd. 2009/2010. Aerial Photographic Mapping Survey carried out as part of an Aggregates Resource Project.
|Grid reference||SK 41226 28540 (point)|
|Civil Parish||WESTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 8 2017 11:57AM