Building record MDR5466 - The Moravian Manse, The Settlement, Ockbrook

Type and Period (1)

  • (Georgian - 1800 AD to 1830 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

Full Description

The Moravian Manse, now a house, is a Grade II* listed building of c.1800, built as part of the Moravian Settlement. (1) The main buildings of the Moravian settlement, of brick with slate roofs, are aligned on sloping ground facing south-east. The minister's house is adjacent to the chapel and is of three stories, dating from the mid-18th century. (2) With the building of the chapel, the first minister's house behind the chapel came into existence. The present Manse was occupied by the minister in 1822. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Department of the Environment. 1986. Listed Buildings, District of Erewash, Derbyshire, 1st May, 1986.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p53-54.
  • <3> Bibliographic reference: McGibbon, A & Linyard, F. 1975. Ockbrook Moravian Church & Settlement 1750-1975. p 8.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4212 3616 (15m by 17m) (Centre)
Civil Parish OCKBROOK, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 8 2015 11:09AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.