The Old School House was originally a school house, built in c. 1720 with later 18th century alterations. It was endowed by Elizabeth Grey of Risley Hall in her will of 1720. This house was built as part of the Latin School complex and it appears on a map of 1722 which is housed at Derby County Records Office, although the Derby Victoria County History states that it was built in 1771. It is possible that this is the date of alterations. Grade II*. (1)
Bibliographic reference: DOE Listed Bldgs Dist of Erewash Derby 2 May 1986 81.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4617 3571 (16m by 14m) (Centre)
RISLEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 13 2015 5:07PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.