Monument record MDR557 - Chinley Head, Quarry
Type and Period (1)
- SANDSTONE QUARRY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
- <1> SDR14446 Index: NDAT. NDAT: 0721.. 0721.
- <2> SDR6994 Bibliographic reference: Harris, H. 1971. Industrial Archaeology of the Peak District. p199.
- <3> SDR21454 Bibliographic reference: Hughes, T (PDNPA). 1996. The Grey Slates of the South Pennines, Volume Two: The Quarries and the Slates. p 108, Quarry Number Q89.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 050 843 (199m by 297m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||CHINLEY, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 12 2015 8:53AM