SK 446334 Town End Road, Railway Bridge. Original late 1830s Midland Counties railway bridge. (1)
Grade II listed. Railway bridge of 1839 by the engineer C B Vignoles, with later repairs. Red brick with stone dressings. Single wide, semi-circular brick arch with plain spandrels, plain stone band over and brick parapets with stone copings. Wall splay outwards to each end and finish in square piers. Part of the Midland Railway.
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 9.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. 8/4433/013.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 446 334 (14m by 30m) (Approximate)
DRAYCOTT AND CHURCH WILNE, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 28 2011 3:26PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.