Skip to main content

Building record MDR5582 - Former Conservative Club, Derby Road, Draycott

Type and Period (2)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

SK 440333 Derby Road, Former lace factory. A two-storey brick-built former factory which is now the Conservative Club, Derby Road. Probably the works of Joseph and Arthur Bryan, lace manufacturers in 1895. (1) This building is not recorded as a lace factory by Mason. (2). It is shown but not named on the 1st ed. 25" OS map of c. 1880 and is marked as 'Unionist Club' on the 2nd edition of 1901. (3, 4)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 9.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Mason, S A. 1994. Nottingham Lace, 1760s-1950s.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <4> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).



Grid reference Centred SK 440 333 (22m by 49m) (Approximate)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Feb 28 2011 3:26PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.