Monument record MDR5596 - Station House, Station Road, Borrowash, Ockbrook

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A Station House of 1839 at SK 41683410, with wide eaves supported on ornamental mouldings. (1) The Station House at Borrowash is a square two-storey building on the south side of the railway, east of the B5010 bridge and visible across the railway from the former Derby Canal towpath. It stands adjacent to the site of the original Midland Counties Railway Station which was closed in 1871 and replaced by a new station west of the road bridge. (2) The post-1871 station was closed in 1966 and demolished in 1984. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). 1975. Panel on Industustrial Monuments. 7.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash.
  • <3> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2005. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: Gazetteer of Sites, Part II, Borough of Erewash (second edition). p 35.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 417 341 (100m by 100m) (Centre)
Civil Parish OCKBROOK, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 8 2015 10:38AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.