SK 485 345 Erewash Mills. A tenement lace factory of 1906 on a corner site. Brick-built with hipped slate roof. A 50ft brick chimney still stands which served the heating plant. Originally the factory was electrically powered from Cavendish (Portland) Mills. Now occupied [in 1986] by Sunspel, underwear manufacturers, and by Panlima, lighting manufacturers. (1)
A single-storey tenement factory planned in 1906. In 1908 six lace makers and a jacquard card puncher occupied the mill but by the 1920s the majority of the mill was occupied by non-lace tenants. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 25.
Bibliographic reference: Mason, S A. 1994. Nottingham Lace, 1760s-1950s.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 485 344 (75m by 64m) (Centre)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 5 2017 11:10AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.