SK 485345 Wellington Mills. A single-story, brick-built north-light-roofed lace factory built 1907 for C G Dury, lace manufacturer. Originally powered by electricity. Name and datestone on gable on Canal Street. In 1929 it became the upholstery works of H Wade, now [in 1986] Wade Spring & Upholstery Co. Ltd. (1)
A single-story mill of 12 standings designed in 1906 for lace-making by a single occupier until the firm went bankrupt in 1924. The mill was then occupied by the Wade Spring and Upholstery Company. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 25.
Bibliographic reference: Mason, S A. 1994. Nottingham Lace, 1760s-1950s. p 278.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 484 345 (77m by 90m) (Centre)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 5 2017 11:10AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.