Skip to main content

Monument record MDR5674 - Dockholm Mills, Bennett Street, Long Eaton

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

SK 486344, Dockholm Mills. A single-storey lace factory of 1906, brick-built with gabled, pitched slate roof. Built by Frederick Salisbury of Salisbury Brothers, lace manufacturers, in whose occupation it remained until c. 1950. Originally powered by a gas engine. Now occupied by Charmlace, Leavers lace and net manufacturers [1986]. (1) This single-storey factory of twelve standings was built in 1906 by E Hooley for F Salsbury & Sons, a firm which previously had standings in Willatt's Factory and the Harrington Mill. The factory was occupied by Salsbury's in the 1980s, although about 1953 the firm joined the Pelwood Group. (2) Now unoccupied [2005]. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p.25.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Mason, S A. 1994. Nottingham Lace, 1760s-1950s. p. 279.
  • <3> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2005. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: Gazetteer of Sites, Part II, Borough of Erewash (second edition). p. 26.



Grid reference Centred SK 485 344 (68m by 60m) (Centre)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 5 2017 11:10AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.