Skip to main content

Monument record MDR5677 - Goodwins Mills, Bennett Street, Long Eaton

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

SK 487 342 Bennett Street, Goodwins Mills. A brick-built lace factory of 1904 with north light roof, built for H B Sketchley, lace manufacturer. Extended into Bridge Street after 1908. Now occupied by Westerland Engineering [1986]. (1) Goodwin Mill. This single-storey mill was built in 1904 by Herbert B Sketchley for his plant of Wallis & Longden Levers machines. The firm closed in the 1930s. (2) Now occupied by United Fillings, upholstery cushions [2005]. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 26.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Mason, S A. 1994. Nottingham Lace, 1760s-1950s. p 279-280.
  • <3> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2005. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: Gazetteer of Sites, Part II, Borough of Erewash (second edition). p. 26.



Grid reference Centred SK 487 342 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 5 2017 11:10AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.