Skip to main content

Monument record MDR5703 - Workshop, Clifford Street, Long Eaton

Type and Period (1)

  • (Victorian to Unknown - 1870 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

SK 494 335 Clifford Street, Workshop. Two-storey brick workshop with cast iron windows and slate roof. Built in 1870's, now a wine bar [1986]. (1) Probably used for card punching. Later a plumber's workshop, now part of a public house [2005]. (2)

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2005. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: Gazetteer of Sites, Part II, Borough of Erewash (second edition). p. 31.



Grid reference Centred SK 494 335 (100m by 100m) (Centre)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 5 2017 4:48PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.