Skip to main content

Monument record MDR5705 - Bush's Factory, Nottingham Road, Long Eaton

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

SK 494 338 Nottingham Road, Bush's Factory. A brick-built lace factory with pitched slated roof alongside the Erewash Valley Railway line on the south side of Nottingham Road, built in 1908 for William Bush, lace manufacturer. From 1931 to 1980, it was the mineral water works of Taylor & Co. Now (in c. 1986) unoccupied. (1) This single-storey factory, an extension of the Nottingham Road Mill, was built in 1908. The tenant of the front portion of the building was F Bush, who moved into it from Fletcher's Factory in New Tythe Street. By 1929 the mill had no lace tenants and was two-thirds empty. (2) Now F. M. Steed, furniture upholsterers [2005]. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 32.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Mason, S A. 1994. Nottingham Lace, 1760s-1950s. p 285.
  • <3> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2005. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: Gazetteer of Sites, Part II, Borough of Erewash (second edition). p. 32.



Grid reference Centred SK 494 338 (100m by 100m)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 5 2017 4:48PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.