Monument record MDR5715 - The Cottage, Meadow Lane, Long Eaton
Type and Period (1)
(Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1882 AD)
Loading documents & images
SK 497331 Meadow Lane, The Cottage. Now two dewllings, this house was built for Mr A Claye, the office manager of the adjacent Manor House Works. Other workers' houses on the adjoining site were demolished in the 1970s. (1)
'The Cottage' appears at this location on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 34.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 496 331 (14m by 19m) (Multiple Site Centre)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 5 2017 4:48PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.