Skip to main content

Monument record MDR5718 - Meadow Mills, Meadow Lane, Long Eaton

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Meadow Mills is on Meadow Lane at SK 498329. It comprises a single storey, brick-built lace factory of 1911 with north light slate and glass roof of nine bays, plus offices. It was originally occupied by E Radford, lace manufacturer; now [1986] with additional buildings, part of Herrberger Brooks, piano action makers. (1) This single-storey factory of 20 standings was planned in 1911 for the Levers lace maker W E Radford, who moved from Regent Street. Radford's was another casualty of the downturn in trade in the 1920s and by 1934 the factory was occupied by a piano manufacturer. (2) Now occupied by Leisure Furnishings Ltd. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 34.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Mason, S A. 1994. Nottingham Lace, 1760s-1950s. p 291.
  • <3> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2005. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: Gazetteer of Sites, Part II, Borough of Erewash (second edition). p. 33.



Grid reference Centred SK 498 329 (115m by 149m) (Multiple Site Centre)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 5 2017 4:48PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.