SK 481322 Sawley, Railway Station. This station, opened in 1888 on a line constructed 49 years earlier, was originally named Sawley Junction and was built to serve the expanding new part of Sawley. There are small wooden platform shelters. The station booking office and waiting room at low level by the road are brick, single storey with pitched roofs. The station was re-named Long Eaton in 1968. (1)
Blue steel shelters have replaced the small wooden shelters referred to above. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 39.
Unpublished document: Reedman, K. 2004. Information regarding several sites in Long Eaton, received via e-mail.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 481 322 (100m by 100m) (Multiple Site Centre)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 12 2011 2:42PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.