(Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2050 AD)
Loading documents & images
Although lying in the parish of Dale, the common name for this colliery was Stanley. To complicate matters further, the name of the former owner, the Mapperley Colliery Company, is to be found on two of the remaining buildings with dates of 1891 and 1914. The former pithead baths of c. 1960 also remain in what is now a small industrial estate. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 7.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 426 409 (281m by 121m) (Multiple Site Centre)
DALE ABBEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 29 2021 12:47PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.