Monument record MDR5825 - Malthouse, Lower Granby Street, Ilkeston
Type and Period (1)
- MALTINGS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
SK 465 427 Lower Granby Street, Malthouse. Two-storey, slate-roofed brick building, used as a malthouse till mid 1890. (1) Was run until the mid 1890s by J.B Clay, landlord of the nearby 'Mundy Arms'. It was probably used as a soap manufactory by Midland Chemical Co. c. 1910-1930. (2)
- <1> SDR6754 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash.
- <2> SDR22141 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2005. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: Gazetteer of Sites, Part II, Borough of Erewash (second edition). p. 15.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 465 426 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||ILKESTON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2017 3:23PM